February 15, 2013
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: 37 hours per week
ANNUALIZED SALARY: $40,635
Sunday (every 3rd): 12:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Monday: 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Alternate Friday/Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Under direction, the Librarian assists patrons in identifying and locating appropriate materials using electronic, print and other resources; trains patrons in the use of resources; develops the collection and prepares and conducts programs designed to encourage library use.
Essential position functions
- Proactively provides customer service
- Interviews, researches, and answers questions from patrons
- Assists Materials Selectors in developing and maintaining a high quality collection based on community needs, usage levels, and relevance of materials
- Evaluates materials, utilizes statistical data and reports for collection maintenance and makes withdrawals according to library guidelines
- Initiates the development and implementation of adult, teen, and children's programs to increase awareness of library resources and encourage library use
- Recommends materials based on patrons' interests
- Develops and maintains services and collections of the Worthington Room, as assigned
- Provides presentations/training to patrons, community and other libraries
- Serves as librarian-in-charge, as assigned
- Assists patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers and other technologies associated with library services (including handheld devices, e-readers, laptops tablets, etc.
- Performs duties of Library Associate, Programming Specialist and Circulation Assistant, as needed