October 29, 2013
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: 20 hours per week
HOURLY RATE: $15.19
Sunday (every 3rd): 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Alternate Friday/Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, the Library Associate assists patrons in locating library materials using resources in various formats, and performs related duties.
Essential position functions
- Proactively provides customer service
- Interviews, researches, and answers questions from patrons
- Recommends materials based on patrons' interests
- Supports Librarians in developing and maintaining the collection, as directed
- Maintains periodical collections, including associated paperwork, tracking claims, routing, filing, labeling, stamping and weeding out-of-date materials, as assigned
- Provides Homebound Service to patrons by selecting materials, interviewing patrons to assist in selection of materials, delivering materials and working with community agencies requesting Homebound Service or deposit collections, as assigned
- Assists patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers and other technologies associated with library services (including handheld devices, e-readers, laptops tablets, etc.
- Assists with planning and coordination of library programs and special events, as assigned
- Performs duties of Programming Specialist and Circulation Assistant, as needed