October 29, 2013
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: 14 hours per week
HOURLY RATE: $8.39
Sunday (every 3rd): 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Alternate Friday/Saturday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Under direct supervision, the Circulation Aide is responsible for ensuring appropriate and efficient distribution of library materials.
Essential position functions
- Receives and shelves materials with accuracy and timeliness
- Checks in and sorts returned materials accurately and efficiently
- Processes reserved items for both incoming and outgoing delivery
- Assists in the shelving/retrieval of items
- Maintains shelves throughout location, including shelf reading, shifting material, merchandising items, and straightening items on shelves
- Prepares location for opening and closing by straightening furniture and shelves, reshelving loose materials, restocking displays, and picking up debris
- Proactively provides customer service by assisting patrons with Public Access Catalog (PAC), copiers, self checkout, printers, and locating or retrieving materials
- Covers service points, as needed
- Processes various reports, as assigned