Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013, 8:29 am
The Library is getting a new catalog next month, but don't worry, you'll still have the features you love like reserving items online and picking them up at any Worthington Libraries location.
However, we will need to make some temporary service changes.
Starting April 22:
- It will no longer be possible to place a vacation hold. You will be able to clear already set vacation holds and can postpone current reserves individually. Starting at 9am on May 22, you can continue to postpone reserves individually in the new catalog.
Starting at 9pm on May 16 and continuing through 9am on May 22:
- Because self-checkout machines will not be available, library staff can check out materials for you; be sure to bring your library card.
- My account and our catalog will not be available on worthingtonlibraries.org or our mobile app, but you can still access all the library's online resources and eBooks.
- You won't be able to reserve items, but can still log on to public computers with your library card.
- Due dates will be extended.
The new catalog is part of a larger effort to join a consortium of 10 other central Ohio libraries. This means you have access to a million more items! New catalog features include the ability to compile a personal reading history and the option to receive text messages when your books are in.