Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013, 9:01 am
We know that the catalog is at the heart of your library experience, so we want it to be the best it can be. What's on your wish list? Do you want to find a new book, reserve a favorite movie, receive alerts about new audiobooks added to the collection, keep track of the books you've read? All this (and more!) is now possible.
Earlier this year, the Library joined the Central Library Consortium, a partnership of 11 library systems across six counties serving 1.4 million residents. The new partnership brought with it a new catalog and account system on May 22. Both have all the features you've come to expect from the Library, plus many new enhancements to make your library experience even more convenient.
New search options
- Get search suggestions right as you type
- Four ways to search to help you find just what you're looking for
- One-click reserves right from the search results screen (with up-front availability information, too!)
- No need to re-enter your library card number for each reserve
- Save a default pickup location
- Reserve a title directly to a pick-up locker
- Track the items you borrow
- Save titles to lists on your account
- Get alerts when new items of interest are added to the catalog
New notification options
- Receive notifications via text message (SMS)
- Receive receipts via e-mail or text message (SMS)
Expanded mobile catalog
- Streamlined search results screen (including book covers!)
- Access to My Account
Want to learn more about the new catalog? Check out our guide on How to use the library catalog and My Account (PDF). Need more help? Ask us! You can talk to library staff in person, by telephone, instant message or e-mail.