- Behrens, Andy. The Fast and the Furriest. 2010.
The overweight and unathletic son of a famous former football star discovers that his equally fat and lazy dog is unexpectedly—and obsessively—interested in competing in dog agility contests.
- Feinstein, John. The Rivalry: Mystery at the Army-Navy Game. 2010.
Eighth-grade sportswriters Stevie and Susan Carol get a chance to solve a mystery at the famous Army-Navy football game.
- Green, Tim. Rivals: a Baseball Great Novel. 2010.
Twelve-year-old Josh looks forward to facing a true rival in the Baseball Hall of Fame tournament, but first he and his friends put themselves at great risk trying to expose the truth about a conspiracy to bribe the head umpire.
- Krech, Bob. Love Puppies and Corner Kicks. 2010.
Thirteen-year-old Andrea is devastated when her parents announce that the family's moving to Scotland, but as she makes new friends and joins a soccer team, life doesn't seem so bad.
- Maeda, Shunshin. Ninja Baseball Kyuma! 2009. (graphic novel)
When a baseball team needs a new team member to continue playing in their league, they unwittingly get a Ninja.
- Mercado, Nancy E (editor). Baseball Crazy: Ten Short Stories that Cover all the Bases. 2008.
Ten stories about the love of baseball, the fear of baseball and everything in between.
- Sturm, James. Satchel Paige: Striking out Jim Crow. 2007. (graphic novel)
For years, Jim Crow laws, which segregated blacks and whites, kept Satchel Page out of the major leagues. But they couldn't stop him from becoming a world-class athlete.
- The Fabulous, Freaky, Unusual History of Pro Wrestling by Angie Peterson Kaelberer. 2011. [J 796.812 KAE]
Learn about the world of pro wrestling, and find out how this sport became the craze it is today.
- FreeDarko presents the Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History. 2010. [J 796.323 FRE]
Discover a history of pro basketball that you were never aware of before, featuring players you know and a few you may not.
- Skateboarding: How it Works by Emily Sohn. 2010. [J 796.22 SOH]
Describes the science behind the sport of skateboarding, including basic skills, tricks, skate parks and competitions.
- Soccer: the Ultimate Guide by Martin Cloake. 2010. [J 796.334 SOC]
This comprehensive guide will show you everything you need to know to be an amazing soccer superstar.
- Sports Science by John Perritano. 2011. [J 613.71 PER]
Find out how people hang in the air so long when dunking or why curveballs curve.
- Sports Technology by Ron Fridell. 2009. [J 688.76 FRI]
Learn how science helps athletes stay safer, perform better and have more fun.
- The 25 Greatest Baseball Players of All Time by Len Berman. 2010. [J 796.357 BER]
Find out about the 25 greatest baseball players who ever played. Learn how they changed baseball, sports and even the world around them.
- Eli Manning (Robbie Reader series) by Pete DiPrimio. 2009. [JB Manning Eli]
In this action-packed biography, find out how Eli overcame criticism and the pressure of living up to Peyton's high level of play to make his own mark in NFL history.
- Jim Thorpe by Carrie Golus. 2008. [JB Thorpe Jim]
A biography of Native American athlete Jim Thorpe, from his childhood in Oklahoma to the Olympics and his career in professional baseball and football.
- Michael Phelps (Xtreme Athletes series). 2009. [JB Phelps Michael]
This biography profiles the life and career of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps, discussing his early swimming successes, intense training schedule and record-breaking achievements.
- On the Court with LeBron James by Matt Christopher. 2008. [JB LeBron James]
"Outstanding." "Unbelievable." "Mindblowing." These are just a few of the words used to describe the talents of LeBron James.
- Tiger Woods (Remarkable People series) by Judy Wearing. 2010. [JB Woods Tiger]
This overview of the life and career of professional golfer Tiger Woods discusses his childhood, schooling and golfing career.
revised April 2011