- Bachmann, Stefan. The Peculiar. 2012.
After humans win the faery wars in England, a half-human, half-faery child, scorned by both races, finds himself at the center of a web of intrigue and danger when he is stalked by a sinister faery.
- Dashner, James. The Infinity Ring: A Mutiny In Time. 2012. [also available on audio]
Time has gone wrong, and best friends Dak Smyth and Sera Froste, together with the young Hystorian Riq, must use the infinity ring to travel back to one of the Great Breaks — a mutiny on the Santa Maria — to correct history and defeat the SQ.
- Foley, Lizzie. Remarkable. 2012.
Jane Doe, the only student average enough to be excluded from the town of Remarkable's School for the Remarkably Gifted, is joined at her public school by the trouble-making Grimlet twins, who lead the 10-year-old on a series of crazy adventures.
- Healy, Christopher. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom. 2012.
The four princes erroneously dubbed Prince Charming and rudely marginalized in their respective fairy tales form an unlikely team when a witch threatens the whole kingdom.
- Hiaasen, Carl. Chomp. 2012. [also available on audio]
When the difficult star of the reality television show "Expedition Survival" disappears while filming an episode in the Florida Everglades, Wahoo Crane and classmate Tuna Gordon set out to find him using animals from the wildlife refuge run by Wahoo family.
- Hobbs, Valerie. Minnie McClary Speaks Her Mind. 2012. [also available on audio]
When quiet sixth-grader Minnie gets a new language arts teacher who makes her think and ask hard questions, she is inspired to stand up for what she believes in.
- Krumwiede, Lana. Freakling. 2012. [also available on audio]
After an accident removes his telekinetic ability, 12-year-old Taemon is exiled to the "dud farm" where, in addition to kind, open people, he also finds mysteries. When Taemon unwittingly leaks one of the colony's secrets, he must repair the damage.
- LeGrand, Clare. The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls. 2012.
Practically-perfect 12-year-old Victoria Wright must lie, sneak and break the rules when her investigation of the disappearance of her best — and only — friend reveals dark secrets about her town and the orphanage run by the reclusive Mrs. Cavendish.
- Lin, Grace. Starry River of the Sky. 2012. [also available on audio]
An innkeeper's chore boy discovers that a visitor's stories hold the key to returning the moon to the Starry River of the Sky.
- Messner, Kate. Eye of the Storm. 2012.
Jaden's summer visit with her meteorologist father fills her with apprehension and fear as she discovers that living at his planned community, Placid Meadows, is anything but placid.
- Nielsen, Jennifer. The False Prince. 2012. [also available on audio]
In the country of Carthya, a devious nobleman engages four orphans in a brutal competition to be selected to impersonate the king's long-missing son in an effort to avoid a civil war.
- Palacio, R.J. Wonder. 2012. [also available on audio]
Auggie Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school, until now. Can he convince his new classmates at Beecher Prep that he's just an ordinary kid with an extraordinary face?
- Pennypacker, Sara. Summer of the Gypsy Moths. 2012.
Stella and a foster child named Angel are living with Stella's great-aunt Louise at the Linger Longer Cottage Colony. When Louise dies unexpectedly, the girls, afraid of being returned to the foster care system, secretly assume responsibility for the vacation rentals.
- Rose, Caroline Starr. May B.: A Novel-in-Verse. 2012.
When a failed wheat crop nearly bankrupts her family, 12-year-old May goes to work for a couple new to the Kansas frontier.
- Schlitz, Laura Amy. Splendors and Glooms. 2012. [also available on audio]
Suspected of kidnapping a 12-year-old girl, puppeteer Grisini and his two orphaned assistants are chased out of London. Soon the two orphans are caught in a trap set by Grisini's ancient rival, a witch with a deadly inheritance to shed before it is too late.
- Schmidt, Gary D. What Came from the Stars. 2012.
Besieged by a dark lord, a peaceful civilization on a faraway planet sends its most precious gift across the cosmos in a desperate bid for survival. In Plymouth, Massachusetts, sixth grader Tommy Pepper finds a necklace in his lunchbox.
- Smith, Jennifer. The Storm Makers. 2012.
What starts as an ordinary summer turns exciting and dangerous for twins Ruby and Simon. When weird weather events — seemingly tied to Simon's emotions — bring a stranger into their lives, the 12-year-olds are introduced to the Makers of Storms Society.
- Spinelli, Jerry. Jake and Lily. 2012.
Jake and Lily are twins and have always felt the same — like two halves of one person — but the year they turn 11 and Jake begins hanging out with Bump Stubbins, everything changes.
- Stead, Rebecca. Liar & Spy. 2012. [also available on audio]
Seventh-grader Georges adjusts to moving from a house to an apartment, his father's efforts to start a new business, his mother's extra shifts as a nurse, being picked on at school and Safer, a boy who wants his help spying on another resident of their building.
- Turnage, Sheila. Three Times Lucky. 2012. [also available on audio]
Washed ashore as a baby in tiny Tupelo Landing, North Carolina, Mo LoBeau, now 11, and her best friend turn detective when the only father she's ever known seems implicated in a murder.
- Bomb: The Race to Build - and Steal - the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Shienkin. 2012. [J 623.4511 SHE]
This is the story of the plotting, risk-taking, deceit and genius that created the atomic bomb.
- Titanic: Voices from the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson. 2012. [J 910.916 HOP] [also available on audio]
Witness and survivor accounts describe the sinking of the Titanic.
- Blizzard of Glass: The Halifax Explosion of 1917 by Sally M. Walker. 2012. [J 971.6225 WAL] [also available on audio]
On December 6, 1917, two ships loaded with munitions and medical supplies collided in Halifax Harbour and the resulting blast killed nearly 2,000 people. As if that wasn't devastating enough, a blizzard hit the next day, dumping more than a foot of snow on the area.
- TenNapel, Doug. Cardboard. 2012.
Cam makes the best of the worst birthday present in the world — a cardboard box — by building a cardboard man who comes to life!
- Aguirre, Jorge. Giants Beware! 2012.
Claudette wants nothing more than to slay a giant, but her little village is too safe and quiet so she goes off in search of adventure!
revised May 2013