- Bardhan-Quallen, Sudipta. Chicks Run Wild. 2011.
When her little chicks refuse to settle down for the night, Mama decides to surprise them with an unusual request.
- Barnett, Mac. Mustache! 2011.
When extremely good-looking King Duncan builds more and more tributes to his handsome face, neglecting kingdom projects and repairs, his loyal subjects find a mustachioed solution.
- Buzzeo, Toni. One Cool Friend. 2012.
Elliot, a very proper young man, feels a kinship with the penguins at the aquarium and wants to take one home with him.
- Carnesi, Monica. Little Dog Lost: The True Story of a Brave Dog Named Baltic. 2012.
A curious dog wanders onto a frozen river and is soon trapped on a floating sheet of ice. He finds himself carried miles away into the open sea before he is rescued.
- D'Amico, Carmela and Steven. Suki the Very Loud Bunny. 2011.
Unlike most bunnies, Suki loves shouting and playing in the mud, but when she disobeys her mother and leaves the burrow one day, her loud voice is what saves her.
- Eversole, Robyn Harbert. East Dragon, West Dragon. 2012.
East Dragon and West Dragon are suspicious of one another although they have never met, but when the western king is captured in the Eastern Kingdom and West Dragon goes to rescue him, they find they have much in common.
- Gutman, Dan. The Day Roy Riegels Ran the Wrong Way. 2011.
A boy's grandfather tells him about the famous 1929 Rose Bowl game when the University of California Golden Bears lost after one of their players ran the wrong way down the football field.
- Harper, Charise Mericle. The Best Birthday Ever! 2011.
Lana Kittie explains how to have the best birthday ever!
- Henkes, Kevin. Penny and Her Song. 2012.
Penny comes home from school eager to share her very own song, but must wait until the time is right to teach it to her parents and the babies.
- Murray, Laura. The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School. 2011.
A gingerbread man searches all over the school for the group of children that made him and then left him behind.
- Numeroff, Laura. Ponyella. 2011.
Ponyella's dream of showing Princess Penelope her tricks at the pony championship comes true with the help of her fairy godmare.
- Rausch, Molly. My Cold Went on Vacation. 2011.
A little boy is curious about all the places his cold might go after it leaves him.
- Rocco, John. Blackout. 2011.
When a busy family's activities come to a halt because of a blackout, they find they enjoy spending time together and not being too busy for once.
- Arnold, Tedd. Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! 2011.
Fly Guy unintentionally joins Buzz at school, and then goes with his class on a field trip to a fly swatter factory.
- Feldman, Thea. Harry Cat and Tucker Mouse: Starring Harry. 2011.
Harry Cat loves the theater, but when he becomes the star of a Broadway play he and his best friend Tucker Mouse miss one another terribly.
- Gilman, Grace. Dixie. 2011.
Dixie the puppy plays with Emma every day after school until Emma starts memorizing her lines for the school play.
- Hapka, Catherine. At the Show. 2011.
Jill and Apples are going to compete at the horse show!
- Hooks, Gwendolyn. Find the Cat: a Pet Club Story. 2011.
Kayla's cat, Daisy, is missing. Kayla is so worried. She calls her friends, and soon enough the entire Pet Club is on the case.
- Lewis, J. Patrick. Tugg and Teeny. 2011.
Tugg, a gorilla, helps his best friend Teeny, a monkey, in her attempts to become a musician, an artist and a poet.
- Manushkin, Fran. Katie's Lucky Birthday. 2011.
Katie looks forward to celebrating her birthday at school, and then finds a way to make it even more special when her friend Pedro mentions that he has a summer birthday.
- Rabe, Tish. Look for the Lorax. 2012.
Easy-to-read, rhyming text introduces the Lorax and the place he calls home.
- Yorinks, Arthur. Flappy and Scrappy. 2011.
After canine friends Scrappy and Flappy play an unusual game of catch, Scrappy complains that everyone has forgotten his birthday, but Flappy surprises him.
- Swirl by Swirl: Spirals in Nature by Joyce Sidman. 2011. [J 516.152 SID]
Celebrates the shape of a spiral in nature, from rushing rivers to flower buds and even the shape of an ear.
- Animal A-Z: For Kids Who Really Love Animals! by Louisa Cornford. 2011. [J 591 COR]
Meet 26 of the most incredible animals that inhabit out planetone for each letter of the alphabet. Find out what they eat, how big they are and more with this amazing A to Z.
- Gorillas by Gail Gibbons. 2011. [J 599.884 GIB]
Learn how these peaceful, intelligent animals eat, raise their young and adapt to their environment.
revised May 2012