- Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey through his Son's Addiction by David Sheff. 2008. [362.299 SHE]
This fiercely candid memoir brings immediacy to the emotional rollercoaster of loving a child who seems beyond help.
- Buzzed: The Straight Facts about the Most Used and Abused Drugs from Alcohol to Ecstasy by Cynthia Kuhn. 2008. [615.78 KUH]
Get balanced, objective information on the most-often used and abused drugs and their effects on body and behavior.
- Drug Information for Teens by Elizabeth Magill (editor). 2011. [362.29 DRU]
Find basic information on drug use, abuse and addiction, plus facts about related health concerns, treatment and recovery.
- Prescription Painkillers: History, Pharmacology and Treatment by Marvin D. Seppala. 2010. [615.78 SEP]
Thoroughly researched and highly readable, this is the definitive book on the impact of prescription painkiller abuse on individuals, communities and society by one of America's leading experts on addiction.
- Raising Drug-Free Kids: 100 Tips for Parents by Aletha Jauch Solter. 2006. [649.4 SOL]
A developmental psychologist offers tips for keeping children of all ages away from drugs and alcohol.
- Reality Gap: Alcohol, Drugs, and Sex-What Parents Don't Know and Teens Aren't Telling by Stephen Wallace. 2008. [613.8 WAL]
Improve communication with your teens and pre-teens, and learn when you should address important issues with them.
- Substance Abuse: A Reference Handbook by David E. Newton. 2010. [362.29 NEW]
This reference handbook reviews information regarding abuse of legal and illegal substances in the United States.
- A Teen's Guide to Living Drug-Free by Bettie B. Youngs and Jennifer Leigh Youngs. 2003. [362.29 YOU]
This new volume shares advice, commentary and stories on dealing with drugs and alcohol.
- Teens Under the Influence: The Truth about Kids, Alcohol, and Other Drugs-How to Recognize the Problem and What to Do About It by Katherine Ketcham. 2003. [362.2908 KET]
A guidebook for parents, their teens and the professionals who work with them.
- Thinking Simply About Addiction: A Handbook for Recovery by Richard S. Sandor. 2009. [362.2918 SAN]
A practical guide that goes deeper than any other book in pinpointing why addictions are so tenacious, and identifying the time-tested steps toward freeing yourself-including the crucial (and often misunderstood) need for a spiritual awakening.
- Addiction: a 14-part series. 2007. [DVD 616.86 ADD]
This DVD series breaks through the myths to explain what addiction really is, what causes it and how to get the best available treatments.
- The New Face of Drugs: A Wake-up Call for Parents and Teens. 2005. [DVD 615.78 NEW]
The latest information on the dangers and deceptions that exist in today's world of drugs.
- Al-Anon and Alateen of Central Ohio
Each Al-Anon Family Group has one purpose: to help families of alcoholics.
- Central Ohio Area Narcotics Anonymous
This organization's message is that any addict can stop using drugs, lose the desire to use and find a new way to live.
- Central Ohio Group Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous
Anyone who wants to do something about their drinking problem may join this non-denominational, multiracial group.
- Centers for Disease Control: Prescription Painkiller Overdoses
Overdose deaths from prescription painkillers have skyrocketed. Find out who's at risk and what can be done.
- Drug Free Action Alliance
This non-profit organization develops initiatives to serve those working to prevent substance abuse.
- GenerationRx Initiative, a partnership between CardinalHealth and The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
These sites offer medication safety and prescription drug abuse prevention resources for schools, colleges and communities.
- Healthy Ohio: Drug Poisoning
Learn more about fatal prescription drug overdose/poisoning.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
NIDA's mission is to lead the nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) for Teens
Animated illustrations, quizzes and games clarify concepts, and arm kids with information to make healthy decisions.
- Ohio Department of Alcohol & Drug Addiction Services
ODADAS works to establish a high quality addiction services system that is accessible to all Ohioans.
- Operation Street Smart
Street Smart provides information on current narcotics trends, terminology, paraphernalia and more.
- The Partnership at DrugFree.org
Parents can find a wealth of information, tools and opportunities to connect with others.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
The organization's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.