Library LocationWorthington Park Library
Designated Position Hours37 hours per week
Hourly RateThe minimum rate is $14.67, and is negotiable based on experience.
- Monday-Thursday: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Position ProfileAre you passionate about beautiful buildings? Tidy spaces? Sparkling glass? Are you the kind of person who picks up trash even when it’s not yours? Do you believe (really believe?) in the life-changing magic of tidying up? If so, have we got a gig for you! Great library service starts with great facilities. As a custodian at Worthington Libraries you’ll have an opportunity to help us maintain a clean, comfortable and inviting environment for our patrons while being part of a hard-working, fun-loving team whose unofficial motto is “Teamwork makes the dream work.” Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we’re proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative in facilities that are first rate. Join us for food and fun as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
In a NutshellUnder direct supervision, the Custodian assists with the safety, security, maintenance and cleaning of library buildings and grounds
The Nitty Gritty
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and refills dispensers
- Completes general maintenance of floors, walls, windows and blinds, carpets and furniture
- Empties and cleans trash receptacles
- Prepares rooms for meetings according to meeting room set-up requests
- Assists with the safety and security of buildings and grounds
- Maintains outside walkways, including sweeping debris and snow removal
- Collects and delivers materials and supplies between library locations, as needed
- Moves furniture, equipment, supplies and tools, as needed
- Performs minor repairs, as needed
Required experienceEducation, Training and/or Experience
- Entry level position, no previous experience required
- High school diploma or GED
Required skillsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to retain and follow library policies and procedures
- Ability to use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand-operated tools
- Knowledge of security, buildings, grounds and equipment maintenance requirements