Library LocationWorthington Park Library
Designated Position Hours37 hours per week
Schedule to be determined; but will include the following:
One day: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
One day: 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Two days: 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
50% Fridays/50% Saturdays based on a six week rotation: 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Every third Sunday: 12:15 p.m.-5:15 p.m.
Position ProfileWe're looking for an Atticus Finch. You know the type: smart, caring, encouraging. The kind of leader that can make everyone around them better. Can you relate? Then we'd like to work with you!
As a lead librarian, you'll be part of a hard-working, fun-loving group that jokes about our unofficial motto: "Teamwork makes the dream work!" It's in this team environment that you'll play a vital role in developing staff and creating innovative programs and services for children and teens. Your flexibility, creativity and ability to lead change are critical to this position.
Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we're proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative. What do we offer? Lots of food and fun, plus a supportive culture that includes leadership and development opportunities. Join us as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
In a NutshellUnder direction, the Lead Librarian supervises employees in either the Adult Services Department or the Youth Services Department; develops the collection; assists patrons in identifying and locating appropriate materials using electronic, print and other resources; trains patrons in the use of resources; and prepares and conducts programs designed to encourage library use.
The Nitty Gritty
- Proactively provides customer service
- Supervisory duties
- Serves as librarian-in-charge, as assigned
- Performs duties of Librarian
- Assists patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers and other technologies associated with library services (including handheld devices, e-readers, laptops, tablets, etc.)
- Performs duties of Circulation Team Leader, as needed
Required experienceEducation, Training and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience
Required skillsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Proficient in the use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to arrange items in alphanumeric and/or subject order
- Ability to address and resolve patron conflicts equitably
- Superior working knowledge of traditional and electronic resources including web sites and databases; excellent online searching skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to deliver programs and speak before groups
- Ability to retain and follow circulation policies and procedures