Library LocationOld Worthington Library
Designated Position Hours14 hours per week
ScheduleSunday (every 3rd): 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Friday or Saturday (50% Fridays and 50% Saturdays based on a six-week rotating schedule): 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
PurposeUnder direct supervision, the Circulation Aide is responsible for ensuring appropriate and efficient distribution of library materials.
Essential Position Functions
- Receives and shelves materials with accuracy and timeliness
- Checks in and sorts returned materials accurately and efficiently
- Processes reserved items for both incoming and outgoing delivery
- Assists in the shelving/retrieval of items
- Maintains shelves throughout location, including shelf reading, shifting material, merchandising items, and straightening items on shelves
- Prepares location for opening and closing by straightening furniture and shelves, reshelving loose materials, restocking displays, and picking up debris
- Proactively provides customer service by assisting patrons with Public Access Catalog (PAC), copiers, self checkout, printers, and locating or retrieving materials
- Covers service points, as needed
- Processes various reports, as assigned
Required experienceEducation, Training and/or Experience
- Entry level position, no previous experience required
- A minimum age of sixteen (16) years
Required skillsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to retain and follow circulation department policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to meet circulation department standards for shelving and sorting
- Ability to pass alphanumeric sorting test
- Ability to pass computer skills test