Designated Position Hours37 hours per week
Schedule to be determined; but will include the following:
Every third Sunday: 12:15 p.m.-5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday:
One day will be 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
One day will be 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Two days will be 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. And Friday or Saturday (50% Fridays and 50% Saturdays based on a six-week rotating schedule): 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
PurposeUnder direct supervision, the Circulation Assistant serves patrons at the circulation desk and processes circulating materials.
Essential Position Functions
- Proactively provides customer service by assisting patrons with Public Access Catalog (PAC), check-out, self check-out, copiers, printers and locating or retrieving materials
- Answers questions and assists patrons in the use of library resources at various service points including phones and pick-up window
- Assists patrons with Library card accounts and resolves account disputes
- Locates, retrieves, sorts, restocks, checks-in and checks-out all library materials accurately and efficiently
- Performs duties of Circulation Aide, as needed
Required experienceEducation, Training and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience
Required skillsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to address and resolve patron conflicts equitably
- Ability to retain and follow circulation department policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to meet circulation department standards for shelving and sorting
- Ability to pass alphanumeric sorting test
- Ability to pass computer skills test