Designated Position Hours37 hours per week
Hourly RateThe minimum rate is $21.66, and is negotiable based on experience.
ScheduleMonday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Evenings and weekends as needed
Position ProfileWe love technology, solving problems, and providing solutions to everyday conundrums. Why? Because those things let us help people every day. If you enjoy helping people too, and want to be part of the team that maintains the networks and systems we use, we’d like to work with you! As a computer systems analyst, you’ll be part of a hard-working, fun-loving group that jokes about our unofficial motto: “Have you tried turning it off and on again?” It’s in this team environment that you’ll help manage our network, troubleshoot a wide variety of technology issues, implement updates, and generally make sure we can get the information to the people as quickly, conveniently and efficiently as possible! Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we’re proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative. What do we offer? Lots of food and fun, plus a supportive culture that includes development opportunities, team-based projects and cross-training. Join us as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
In A NutshellUnder general direction, the Computer Systems Analyst designs and maintains computer system procedures and solutions to help the Library operate more efficiently and effectively.
The Nitty Gritty
Essential Position Functions
- Automates and implements system software upgrades
- Programs, maintains, and updates onboarding/offboarding system
- Customizes and modifies new and existing applications to meet needs of the organization
- Maintains, modifies, and updates build processes
- Creates ways to improve services to both staff and patrons
- Assists the Network Administrator with:
- maintaining security of the network
- researching new and improved technologies
- ensuring proper operations of phone and automatic door lock systems
- managing the LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Serves as internal consultant for new technologies
- Creates and maintains internal documentation of scripts and programs
- Performs duties of Systems Support Specialist, as needed
Required experienceRequired Education, Training and/or Experience
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related degree, or certification from an accredited institution in the information technology field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with Active Directory administration
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with the current versions of Windows Server, Windows desktop, Microsoft Office Professional and Internet applications, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with Group Policy
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with a scripting language (i.e. Powershell, Visual Basic)
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in network support or administration in a small to medium-sized network environment
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with Cisco routers and firewalls
- Any of the following certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, or MCP
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in network routing and DNS
- Knowledge of applications such as PHP, Apache, MySQL, and PRTG
Required skillsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and WLANs
- Ability to use imaging software to deploy workstations
- Ability to analyze servers and application performance and identify network vulnerabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of Virtualization and Hyper-V