Bring it on back!
Beginning Tuesday, June 9, patrons can return library items during the following hours of operation:
- Monday: 4–8pm
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9am–1pm and 4–8pm
- Friday: 9am–noon and 3–6pm
- Saturday: 10am–2pm
Bins for returned library materials will be placed outside or, in case of inclement weather, just inside the entrance. Exterior book drops and the drive-through window at Northwest Library will remain closed. There will be no drive-up return option.
Curbside pickup of reserved items will also be available during these hours, but we will not personally accept returns (don’t hand us stuff!) from patrons during curbside appointments. Patrons with items to return must place their items in the bins themselves.
Service hours at this time reflect our commitment to keeping staff and patrons safe as we continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In addition:
- Library surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each shift change
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are handled by library staff or made available for other patrons to check out (returned items will still show on accounts during this time period)
- If you are entering the library to return items, we strongly recommend you wear a mask or face covering. If you don’t have a mask, they will be made available upon entry.
We look forward to adding additional services as our phased reopening continues. We thank you for your ongoing patience and support of the Library!
While library services are limited, we offer a wide array of services, such access to audiobooks, digital books, movies and music including many always available titles, through our website.
Concerned about coronavirus? Please visit these trusted sources for updated information on how to protect yourself and your family.