To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, all locations of Worthington Libraries are offering limited services until further notice.
We've taken a number of steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our libraries are safe and healthy environments for you and our staff:
- If you are sick, we ask you to please stay home.
- When entering the Library, a mask is required for all visitors over the age of two years. If you don’t have a mask, we can give you one when you enter. If you are not wearing a mask, we ask you to take advantage of our curbside pickup service, drive-up window and after-hours pickup lockers.
- Library staff members will monitor library entrances and limit the number of visitors inside the Library.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the library entrance and throughout the Library.
- Floor markers are in place to help library visitors maintain safe social distance.
- To encourage brief visits, study rooms, meeting rooms and seating are unavailable.
- We offer a mobile app you can use to check out materials from your own device.
- Styluses will be available for use at the self-checkout stations and will be disinfected after use.
- Photohydroionization air sterilization systems have been installed at all three library locations.
- Surfaces and touchpoints are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Bathrooms have been updated with air purifiers as well as touchless faucets, hand dryers and toilet flushers.
- Clear panels are in place at service desks where library visitors and staff members interact.
- Library staff members take their temperatures before reporting to work and, while at work, wear face masks, observe safe social distance and regularly wash hands.
- Returned materials are quarantined for four days before they are handled by library staff or made available for other patrons to check out. Please note that items you return will show on your account during this time period.
While library services are limited, we offer a wide array of online services, such access to audiobooks, digital books, movies and music including many always available titles. You can get a library card without visiting in person—all you need is an email address. Wi-Fi access at all three of our locations is accessible from outside the buildings.
We look forward to offering you more library services. We thank you for your ongoing patience and support of the Library!