November 15, 2021
November 22, 2021
First-ever contest is sure to sweeten the season-- enter as a family team or individually!
- Starting November 22, download an entry form below. You may also pick one up, during our operating hours, inside the library or ask for one via curbside pickup at Old Worthington Library and Worthington Park Library or at the drive-up window at Northwest Library.
- All shapes and sizes of structures, real or imaginary, are encouraged, however submissions should be based on the Storybook Creations contest theme.
- Aside from the base, gingerbread houses or structures must be entirely constructed of edible materials. Contestants are to provide building supplies. Kits are permitted.
- Photos of your gingerbread structure, and an entry form, may be sent to email@example.com, or printed and given to children's department staff at any library location. Materials will be accepted through December 18.
- A winner will be chosen by library staff from each of the following categories: Youth (under age 18), Adult (over age 18), Family (a team of different ages).
- Winning entries will be announced during a December 22 online event! A gingerbread-themed picture book will be read following the announcement of winners. (You're invited even if you do not enter the contest. Register and you'll be e-mailed an invitation link 24 hours before the event.)