In addition to observed holidays, it is the policy of the Library to close all locations for some days which are not considered holidays for staff. The Library recognizes the following days:
- Easter Sunday
- Sunday prior to Memorial Day and Sunday prior to Labor Day
- Sunday prior to Fourth of July when it falls on a Monday
- December 26, January 2 and July 5, when they fall on a Monday
- Sundays adjacent to Christmas and New Year's Day, as determined by the Director/CEO
- Close at 6 pm on the day of Red, White & Boom and the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving
Also, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day and Veteran's Day floating holidays may be closed, as determined by the Director/CEO, for use as an in-service day.