Thank you for your interest in an Educator Card. Worthington Libraries is pleased to offer this library card designed for teachers who want to borrow books for use in their classrooms.
The Educator Card is available to anyone who teaches in a K-12 school (includes school librarians, administrators and teaching assistants) or licensed childcare center, and lives or works in Ohio. This library card allows you to borrow materials for your classroom without using your personal library card.
To apply for an Educator Card, you must visit one of our library locations and present identification with your name and current address and evidence as a currently eligible educator.
Patrons who CAN get an Educator Card include:
- Daycare and preschool instructors of licensed daycare centers (licensed by the Department of Job and Family Services)
- K-12 teachers, substitute teachers, teachers aides, school administrators, school librarians, school library assistants and school media specialists
Patrons who CANNOT get an Educator Card include:
- College professors and TAs (college-level teaching assistants)
- Student teachers
- "Tutors" or instructors at tutoring businesses such as Sylvan Learning Centers
- Home daycare providers
- Homeschoolers (The policy intent is to provide books for large groups of students. Because homeschooling parents bring their children to the library to get materials, homeschoolers tend to have more access and control over library materials.)
- Instructors for modeling agencies, barber schools, martial arts, summer camps, etc.
- School volunteers
- Use it at any Worthington Libraries location.
- Special consideration given for one lost/damaged item per year.
- Good for three years, although educators may be asked annually to verify eligibility.
- You must inform the Library if your permanent residence or school location changes.
- Special considerations apply only to items checked out on an Educator Card.