Thank you for your interest in an Educator Card. Worthington Libraries is pleased to offer this library card designed for teachers who want to borrow books for use in their classrooms.
The Educator Card is available to anyone who teaches in a K-12 school (includes school librarians, administrators and teaching assistants), homeschool or licensed childcare center, and lives or works in Ohio. This library card allows you to borrow materials for your classroom without using your personal library card.
To apply for an Educator Card, you must visit one of our library locations and present identification with your name and current address and evidence as a currently eligible educator. Homeschool instructors must provide a letter or email from their home school district approving them to homeschool for the upcoming or current school year.
Patrons who CAN get an Educator Card include:
- K-12 teachers, substitute teachers, teachers aides, school administrators, school librarians, school library assistants and school media specialists
- Homeschool instructors with verified home school district approval
- Daycare and preschool instructors of licensed daycare centers (licensed by the Department of Job and Family Services)
Patrons who CANNOT get an Educator Card include:
- College professors and TAs (college-level teaching assistants)
- Student teachers
- "Tutors" or instructors at tutoring businesses such as Sylvan Learning Centers
- Home daycare providers
- Instructors for modeling agencies, barber schools, martial arts, summer camps, etc.
- School volunteers
- Parent(s)/caregiver(s) of children in Ohio school districts completing online learning at home due to COVID-19
- Use it at any Worthington Libraries location.
- Special consideration given for one lost/damaged item per year.
- Good for three years, although educators may be asked annually to verify eligibility.
- You must inform the Library if your permanent residence or school location changes.
- Special considerations apply only to items checked out on an Educator Card.