Worthington Libraries provides electronic connectivity for the purpose of information retrieval and in response to changing information needs of the community. The Library maintains the network to provide access to information for educational, professional, and personal developmental purposes and provides access to all individuals/groups in the community.
By using Worthington Libraries' network, patrons agree to the following:
The internet is an information resource beyond the confines of the library's collection. The internet contains some material of a controversial nature. Patrons are responsible for choosing the sites accessed and for using the resources in an appropriate manner. Parents of minor children are responsible for overseeing their child's use of the internet through Worthington Libraries. Parents and children are encouraged to read "Heads up: Stop, Think Connect," produced by the Federal Trade Commission and available online at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0002-heads-up.pdf.
The Library does not assume liability for the reliability of the local network, the internet or the content or accuracy of information found within. Patrons are responsible for scrutinizing information on the internet for reliability and point of view.
Efforts to bypass the security of the library network, or any other computer network connected with the Library, are strictly prohibited. The Library will assist in investigations of individuals who hack at any computer via the library's network.
- Patrons are encouraged to access the wide variety of available information resources, including those licensed to the Library.
- Printers are provided for those who need this function. There is a fee for printing.
- Scan-to-fax equipment is provided at all locations for outgoing faxes.
- Standard conventions for etiquette on the internet are to be observed.
- Three one-hour sessions may be scheduled daily.
Restrictions on Use
- Network resources may not be used for unlawful purposes.
- Access to and/or display of obscene language and sexually explicit graphics and materials, as defined in sections 2907.01 and 2907.31 of the Ohio Revised Code, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized copying of copyright-protected materials is not permitted.
- Online gambling is prohibited.
- Patrons violating the guidelines will be asked to stop. If the violation continues, the patron may be asked to leave for the rest of the day.
- Any issues not covered here fall under general library policies and operations.