You can access great databases full of information on the library's website. These databases can be accessed at the library or at home and offer the same information found in reference books, newspapers, journals and magazines. You can read the information and print it right from your computer! You'll need a Worthington Libraries library card to access these databases from home.
- American Indian History Online
Search by region or for a specific tribe or person.
- Britannica Library for Children
Search on a specific tribe or person.
- CultureGrams States Edition
Click on a specific state (such as Ohio) using the map. Under the section labeled "The People" on the far left side, select "Native America," or choose a relevant topic under the History section.
- World Book Kids
Search on Ohio Native Americans or on a specific tribe or person.
Make sure your information is coming from a reliable source. Here are some websites about Native American tribes that our librarians recommend:
- American Indian Heritage Foundation
- American Indians from History World
- Famous Ohioans: Ohio Indians from the Ohio Public Library Information Network
- Native American Legends from Legends of America
For more information about Native American tribes and culture, check out some of these nonfiction book series:
- Fact Finders American Indian Life
- Native Americans (Big Buddy Books)
- North American Indian Nations
- Spotlight on Native Americans
The following books cannot be checked out, but you can look through them while you are at the library and make copies of the pages you need. Library staff can help you locate these books and use the copier.
- Atlas of the North American Indian by Carl Waldman. 2000. [RJ 970.004 WAL (Old Worthington Library ONLY)]
Start your search with the index that begins on page 371.
- Magic Moccasins by Jane Barks Ross. 1979. [RJ 970.004 ROS (Northwest Library and Old Worthington Library ONLY)]
Search the Table of Contents you'll find on page VII and the index on page 183.
- Native Americans by Grolier. 2000. [RJ 970.004 NAT (Northwest Library ONLY)]
Start your search with the set index.
- Ohio Native Peoples by Marcia Schonberg. 2010. [RJ 977.1 SCH (Northwest Library ONLY)]
- What Indians Lived in Ohio? by Gwen King. 1991. [J 970.004 KIN] (Old Worthington Library ONLY)