Worthington Libraries offers free wireless (WiFi) access inside the libraries.
- Personal tablets, laptops and other mobile devices may be used to access this network.
- The access points are unsecured. There can be untrusted parties between you and anybody with whom you communicate, and any information being transmitted could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user. For this reason, users should NOT transmit personal information (credit card numbers, passwords, Social Security numbers and any other sensitive information) across this network.
- Library staff can provide general information or handouts for connecting to the network, but cannot troubleshoot problems related to a specific device or assist in making changes to device network settings and/or hardware configuration. The Library cannot guarantee that a device will work with the library's wireless network, nor can it guarantee that any particular website or electronic transaction will work.
- Wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their devices. The library will not be responsible for any information (i.e., credit card) that is compromised, or for any damage caused to hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
- Wireless access users should be certain that their devices are secure at all times. These items should never be left unattended.
- The web, library catalog, email and most other internet services including electronic databases to which the Library has a subscription are available through the wireless network.
- Users of the wireless network are expected to use it in a legal and responsible manner, consistent with the Acceptable Use of the Internet and Electronic Resources Policy.