Need an auto title or a legal form notarized? Worthington Libraries offers free notary public service!
Notarizations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Notary publics may not be available at all times the Library is open; to check availability in advance, please call 614-807-2626 or email email@example.com.
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- All people required to sign document(s).
- Valid form of photo identification for each person signing document(s), such as a current driver's license, state-issued ID, US passport, US military ID or US Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card"). If you're under 18, bring a certified copy of your birth certificate or a current school ID (with photo). International identification cards and/or international drivers' licenses cannot be accepted.
- All documents requiring notarization, unsigned. Do not sign the document(s) you are having notarized. Document(s) must be signed in front of the notary in order to be valid.
- Any additional witnesses, if more than one is required. Library notaries can serve as ONE witness, but if you need more than one witness, you must bring additional people to your appointment. Witnesses must know you personally and must bring valid photo identification. You may not solicit library staff or patrons as witnesses.
Appointments cannot proceed without all the required people, photo identification and paperwork.
- Library notaries cannot complete Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Auto titles must include the buyer's name and address.
- Notaries at the library cannot certify true copies of passports, driver's licenses or any other similar documents. Only issuing agencies can certify true copies.
- Library notaries can only offer basic services. For complex requests, or requests outside our notaries' experience or expertise, we may refer you to another provider.
- Our notaries reserve the right to decline service in cases that raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity or doubt.
- All applicable Ohio laws apply to notary public services offered at Worthington Libraries.