Need an auto title or a legal form notarized? Worthington Libraries offers free notary public service!
Appointments are required for notary services and are offered at any Worthington Libraries location. Appointments are offered based on notary availability and may be available on weekdays, evenings and weekends. Same-day appointments may also be available.
To make an appointment, we will need your name and details about the document(s) you want notarized, including the number of signatures and witnesses required. We require an email address and phone number to confirm your appointment.
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- All people required to sign document(s).
- Valid form of photo identification for each person signing document(s), such as a current driver's license, state-issued ID, US passport, US military ID or US Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card"). If you're under 18, bring a certified copy of your birth certificate or a current school ID (with photo). International identification cards and/or international drivers' licenses cannot be accepted.
- All documents requiring notarization, unsigned. Do not sign the document(s) you are having notarized. Document(s) must be signed in front of the notary in order to be valid.
- All witnesses required. Witnesses must know you personally and must bring valid photo identification. You may not solicit library staff or patrons as witnesses.
Appointments cannot proceed without all the required people, photo identification and paperwork. Please print required documents before your scheduled appointment time.
Please plan to arrive at your scheduled appointment time. We may not be able to accommodate early arrivals; late arrivals may be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Library notaries cannot complete Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Library notaries cannot provide legal advice or assist with preparing legal forms.
- Auto titles must include the buyer's name and address.
- Notaries at the library cannot certify true copies of passports, driver's licenses or any other similar documents. Only issuing agencies can certify true copies.
- Library notaries can only offer basic services. For complex requests, or requests outside our notaries' experience or expertise, we may refer you to another provider.
- Our notaries reserve the right to decline service in cases that raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity or doubt.
- All applicable Ohio laws apply to notary public services offered at Worthington Libraries.