Need an auto title or a legal form notarized? Worthington Libraries offers free notary public service!
Notarizations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Notary publics may not be available at all times the Library is open; to check availability in advance, please call 614-807-2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for your appointment
You will need to bring the following to your appointment:
- Valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver's license, state-issued ID, US passport, US military ID or US Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card"). If you're under 18, bring a certified copy of your birth certificate or a current school ID (with photo). International identification cards and/or international drivers' licenses cannot be accepted.
- All documents requiring notarization. Bring unsigned documents. Documents must be signed in front of the notary in order to be valid.
- Any additional witnesses, if more than one is required. Witnesses must know you personally and must bring valid photo identification. You may not solicit library staff or patrons as witnesses.
- Auto titles must include the buyer's name and address.
- Library notaries can only offer basic services. For complex requests, or requests outside our notaries' experience or expertise, we may refer you to another provider.
- Notaries at the library cannot certify true copies of passports, driver's licenses or any other similar documents. Only issuing agencies can certify true copies.
- Library notaries cannot complete Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Our notaries reserve the right to decline service in cases that raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity or doubt.
- All applicable Ohio laws apply to notary public services offered at Worthington Libraries.